Leslie and Margaux started MEMI over a year ago. The idea was born out of Leslie’s frustration over not having a convenient place to store her iPhone. She routinely missed phone calls because she didn’t hear her phone ringing or feel it vibrating in her purse. She resorted to having her phone out in meetings or on the dinner table because she could not afford to miss a call from her family. Feeling rude, anxious, and distracted all of the time, Leslie decided there had to be a way to solve this problem!
How did you come up with the name MEMI?
Leslie’s daughters, Margo and Demi, were the inspiration behind MEMI. “Margo” + “Demi” = “MEMI”. On a random note, Leslie’s mother also happens to be named Margo. You can imagine how serendipitous it was to find another Margaux (often referred to as “New York Margaux” to avoid confusion) to add to the mix!
Leslie Simmons Pierson, Co-Founder & CEO
MEMI was created by Leslie Pierson, a former strategy consultant at Bain & Company. She has also held strategic positions at Staples Inc. and Teach for America. Through Bain and independent work, Leslie has advised and been involved with several startups during her career. She is currently a board member of 4Moms, a leader in innovative baby products. Leslie studied Economics at Stanford University and received an MBA from the Harvard Business School. She lives in Atlanta with her husband, Hunter, and three children, Margo, Demi and Hunter.
Margaux Guerard, Co-Founder & President
Margaux Guerard is a luxury marketing professional who has worked for leading brands including Bobbi Brown Cosmetics and Diane von Furstenberg. She also spent several years moonlighting as a makeup artist as a means to explore her creativity. In every one of her endeavors, Margaux has been passionate about striking a balance between the creative and business worlds. She received her BS from New York University and an MBA from the Wharton School of Business. Margaux lives in New York City with her husband, Deric, and is expecting her first child.
As seen in...
- The New York Times The MEMI Smart Bracelet: Wearable Tech That Lets You Disconnect
- Fast Company A Stylish Smart Wristband That Women Might Actually Want to Wear
- Forbes Geek Chic: Wearables for Fashionistas
- All Things D Two Next-Level Wearables That Aren’t for Everyone
- Mashable Say Goodbye to Ugly Smartwatches With This Fashionable Alternative
- Atlanta Business Journal ATL wearables startup turns to Kickstarter for $100K project
- Crowd Lifted Where Tech and Fashion Collide: MEMI Aims to Raise $100K for a Chic iPhone-Compatible Smartbracelet
- Ubergizmo The MEMI Is A Smart Bracelet Designed By Women, For Women
- Pocket Lint Memi smartbracelet brings style to wearable vibrating alerts from your phone
- DailyMail UK Ever think you'd WEAR a phone charger? Fashion designers collaborate with eBay to make bracelets that double as USB connectors
- NY Post New Smartbracelet is Wearable Tech With a Formal Look
- Tech Cocktail The MEMI Bracelet: Classic, Chic, Wearable Tech
- Yahoo This High‐Tech Bracelet Vibrates When Your Besties Text You
- Wearable Tech World Never Miss a Call Again: MEMI's Fashionable Solution
- Savvy Geek Moms MEMI Wearable Technology for Women